As with all of our programs, our volunteer opportunities are wide-ranging – not only in terms of the time commitment but in terms of the range of opportunities. The following list represents our current needs, but if you have something you’d like to do that is not listed here or just have questions about what may be involved, give us a call at: (650) 257-3408 Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Board of Directors
- Coaches (coach any one of the many SAL afterschool sports or Activities League sports teams)
- Event Volunteers (help with youth activities at a specific event)
- Fundraising Volunteers (follow-up with prior donors, help with solicitation mailings)
- Tutors (help with our Homework Club or after school tutoring programs)
- Office Assistance (answer phones, collate handouts, create brochures, coordinate an event)
- Other Sports Related Positions (soccer or street hockey referees, line referees, snack bar managers, snack bar treasurer, snack bar worker)
- Program Assistant (assist one of our Program Leaders)
- Program Leader (volunteer to offer a class or program to SAL youth, e.g., Art, Dance, etc.)
Thank you in advance for volunteering your personality, talents and time to one or more of our programs. Without people like you, San Mateo County SAL programs could not exist, nor could they have reached the longevity required in order to impact our community and its youth.